About Me

My photo
This is a blog about two crossfitters who have decided to embarq on a crazy challenge!!! :) We have decided to do paleo zone for 30 days...

Thursday, January 20, 2011

My Plan after February 4th

I never really had any “addictive” habits before I started the challenge; my main problem was not eating enough balanced meals throughout the day. I still plan on eating breakfast, lunch and dinner with two snacks during the day. I might not measure my exact proportions because I have done it long enough to be able to eyeball most things. I will be incorporating dairy back into my diet; however I will not just be eating cheese and only drinking milk for the protein in my snacks. I never really ate a lot of grains, but I don’t plan on completely eliminating them from my diet. I will have my occasional Starbucks and chocolate too! I will also go out to eat again, but I will just watch what I eat and proportion it so that it is balanced.
For me I wanted to do the challenge to have a more balanced diet and to see if I could have enough self discipline to do it (mentally).
I have also learned that things take time to change. You can’t have what you want over night. I think it takes more than a month for your body to adjust to new eating habits. It’s like rehabilitating a body injury.
It is also important to surround yourself with people who won’t give you shit for trying to do what is best for your body. Do you! It’s not their life or body so what do they care? I say F all those people! You don’t need to go with the flow of society which promotes bad eating habits and laziness. Ok, that was my rant for the day :-)

~Krista

1 comment:

  1. Nice! I think it's awesome for a person to take on something that challenging for the sake of proving to themselves that they can do it. (without the weight or poor health being the main driving force).

    I couldn't agree more with your statement on 1 month of good effort, I think this is particularly insightful for anyone following this blog to better themselves.

    As far as the haters... I've got nothing good to say for people that knock someone for good honest effort at something worthwhile.

    ReplyDelete