About Me

My photo
This is a blog about two crossfitters who have decided to embarq on a crazy challenge!!! :) We have decided to do paleo zone for 30 days...

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

My thoughts 1/2 way through...

So yesterday was 2 weeks into our challenge... we had a really yummy dinner with chili apricot shrimp, mango salsa & veggies. It was really good! :) (I forgot to take a picture of it, sorry!)

But, anyways, two weeks into this challenge and I'm doing it as religiously as possible and yet I feel so discouraged. I'm only down -5lbs in two weeks and NO inches lost.

I guess I thought I would have much more drastic changes, I guess I thought giving up caffeine, diet soda, grains & dairy would magically make my gut disappear!!! :( Well it hasn't happened yet.

I'm not giving up... I'm going to see this challenge through until the end, but I really hope something changes between now and then.

I haven't seen any good improvements in my performance at the gym, I don't feel stronger, in fact I feel weaker and tired all the time still.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF ALL OF THIS???

- Cassie

4 comments:

  1. Five pounds is a lot, giving up caffeine is AMAZING in itself, and you are not giving yourself any credit for making a goal and sticking to it, so that is pretty lame, woman! I see a huge difference in your appearance, and I think you are amazing for doing this. Keep your head up, mama! Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cass, there is a health aspect you are overlooking. I wish you had checked your cholesterol etc. before you started this and not just a scale. Five pounds is amazing but I bet you have lost more than five points on a lipid panel. Our body is a full package and not just a number on some scale. Keep up the good work...you inspire me!

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stick in there guys! The loss of energy is just from your body adjusting to no caffeine, no sugar, and different nutrients. I hope you stick with it some even after the 30 days are up, you really will feel so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel like I recite this daily, maybe if I put it on your blog it will sink in! Weight is AT BEST a very poor correlate for Health/Fitness/Anything-worthwhile, it is absolutely not a determinant of anything worth striving for.

    With that in mind lets look at THE most important correlate of health/fitness/wellness - Performance. You are lining doubles up like nobodies businness (10 in a row last time!), you came within 10lbs of your all time best Deadlift with WAY better form (without that wiggle thing that makes me cringe) , your run times are improving, and gymnastic movements like your pull-up are also improving. What you are doing is awesome - Pick your head up and keep going!

    ReplyDelete