About Me

My photo
This is a blog about two crossfitters who have decided to embarq on a crazy challenge!!! :) We have decided to do paleo zone for 30 days...

Friday, January 21, 2011

Why do you care what we eat?

Yesterday my girlfriend text me that she had cut up an avocado and separated it into little disposable containers that hold about 1 block and took some to work for her lunch. She said that three different people asked why she did that and thought it was so weird. She said that she always gets questioned about what and why she eats a certain way. She then made a really good point…How come no one ever questions when an overweight person or just anyone with an unhealthy diet that eats a box of donuts for breakfast, or gets McDonalds for lunch, or eats popcorn for a snack…???
I have the same issue with people asking me why I eat a certain way and thinking I am crazy for doing it. No one ever said anything when I would have a Starbucks coffee and muffin for breakfast.
It is so said how society has become so numb to unhealthy eating habits. People DON’T think about what they put in their mouths, or feed their children. This is why we are the country with highest obesity rates in not only adults, but children too.
~Krista

3 comments:

  1. Very true Krista!!! :) Point well taken.

    - Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  2. It happens in my small office too. LP

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it has to do with people projecting...if you are eating "healthy", maybe you (in their head) are judging them for not taking care of themselves? My mom has a heart attack every time I insist on taking some time out of my visits to go to the gym...as if I'm saying "why aren't you working out, mom?"

    ReplyDelete